You will find many resources including links to a variety of videos, research and other information that is consistent with what we do at KnowingHorse on the EAGALA website. Below are some of those resources. They are here as an introduction. The best way to learn about our work at KnowingHorse is to contact us and see it for yourself!
- Memorial Day story about veterans healing from PTSD is in the June 2014 issue of Live Happy Magazine:
- This video is a news report from EAGALA's 14th international conference held in Nashville, Tennessee.
- This 2004 video reports on a group of mental health and other professionals in Scotland being introduced to this American phenomenon of equine-assisted psychotherapy.... They ask, is it credible?
- The EAGALA model of equine-assisted psychotherapy is used for active military, reserves, veterans and their families. As many as 20%-30% of combat veterans have post traumatic stress disorder and 26,000 military members have been sexually assaulted. EAGALA now has The EAGALA Military Services Program. Please see the EAGALA website to learn more about this program and to locate EAGALA programs that hold this designation.
- The EAGALA Model is supported by an emerging body of research and real world reports. Go to RESEARCH at the EAGALA website.